Unfortunately, our teeth can’t always keep up with the demands of our day-to-day lives. Tooth loss is surprisingly common in adults, but tooth replacement is more realistic than ever with dental implants.
If you have lost one or more teeth due to injury or disease, consider dental implants to rejuvenate your smile! Dental implants are synthetic tooth roots that look like tiny titanium rods. These strong replacement roots are buried into the jawbone to serve as anchors for new teeth.
The replacement teeth are fixed to these sturdy posts in a follow-up appointment. Whether you choose crowns, bridges, or dentures, you can rest assured that your new smile will fit in flawlessly with your personality and facial features.
The optimal candidates for dental implants are non-smokers with good oral health and sufficient jawbone volume.
Versatile Tooth Replacement
Dental implants can replace just one tooth or a full arch of missing teeth. Your dental implants and replacement teeth can be customized to meet your unique needs.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Conventional bridges and dentures are not anchored to the bone. They can be unstable, allowing the new teeth to slip and slide out of place.
- Implants both look and feel more natural than other restorative choices.
- Implants provide a biting force that is equal to or greater than the bite force of natural teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to eat anything and say anything with ease.
- Dental implants don’t compromise your healthy neighboring teeth, because they don’t rely on them for support.
- While traditional bridges are only meant to last for ten years or less, dental implants can last a lifetime!
Think of your new dental implants as the same as your natural teeth. They require diligent brushing and flossing, along with twice yearly dental checkups. The better you care for your new smile, the longer it will last!
Dr. Phan offers only the best services to you and your loved ones at Smilecology. We have worked hard to create a dental office with capable and confident professionals, where our patients can receive convenient care. Give us a call to schedule your visit or ask your questions today.